On-line registration for the 2015 Winter Workouts is now available. Space is limited, register early. Click on Online Registration above.
Location: Union Vale Middle School
Times: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Dates: January 5th – March 13th (No practice on 1/19 and 2/16)
See attached calendar for January and February - Arlington Crew Winter Training Calendar_2015
Please note the following:
Varsity (and JV) will practice all 4 days, but on Tuesdays, the captains will run the predetermined practice
Novice will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Friday will be 2K prep and core practice and will go from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
In March, practices will include Wednesdays
- JV/V Spring Season begins 3/9
- Novice Spring Season begins 3/16
Are you interested in joining Arlington Crew? Do you have questions? If so, you can contact our Membership Chair, Bonnie Dombroski. Her cell phone number is 845-444-0297 and her home phone number is 845-232-5866.
Watch Arlington Crew rowers in action:
This Learn to Row program is only available to new rowers in 8th Grade . The cost is $200 and runs from 9/4/2014 to 11/1/2014. Rowers will learn the fundamentals of rowing and work with the Novice program coaches. Rowers in the 8th Grade Learn to Row program will not participate in any of the races, but will be encouraged to attend races.
In an effort to increase the quantity of new 8th and 9th grade rowers (especially new boys), the Arlington Rowing Association implemented a Rower Recruitment Incentive Program. The following are details of the program:
- Applies to registrations of new rowers for the Novice Programs and 8th Grade Learn to Row Program
- The new Rower needs to register online and indicate in the registraion the name of the existing rower that recruited him/her
- The existing rower that recruited the new rower receives a credit to their account at end of season (the new rower needs to complete the season)
- The incentive rates are 10% for new Boy and 8% for new Girl (i.e. Novice Boy = 10% of $500 = $50, 8th Grade Learn to Row Girl = 8% of $200 = $16, etc.)
- Please direct any questions to the Arlington Rowing Association President or Treasurer.
In an effort to improve communications with our membership, we have switched to a new mail service provider. To join our mailing list, click on the Mailing List menu item above. Thank you.