** NEW ** Parent/Rower Information Night. WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 7:00pm, H.S. L.G.I. All rowers and/or parent/guardians are required to attend. This meeting is also for any new athletes and their families that are interested in rowing. Families will receive one hour of volunteer credit for attending the meeting. Topics to be discussed include, practice times, new required forms and procedures, and details on the upcoming season. Use the west wing side entrance facing the student lot.
Registration for the Spring 2017 Season is now available.
The season runs from 3/6/2017-6/10/2017
There are 4 registration options for rowers:
- 9th through 12th Grade, at least one season – $500 + $100 volunteer deposit
- 9th through 12th Grade, NEW Rower – $250
- 7th and 8th Grade, Returning Rower- $250
- 7th and 8th Grade, NEW Rower- $150
7th and 8th Grade registration has a more flexible reimbursement policy, 100% if made within the first 4 weeks versus prorated from 3/6/2016. There is a late fee of $100 for registrations not completed by 3/3/2016 for returning 9-12th grade returning rowers. Registration must be completed prior to participation.
Each family is expected to volunteer for 10 hours (this is not per rower). There is a $100 deposit that is collected during registration. This deposit is refundable following completion of the 10 hours of service. The $100 deposit is not collected for new rowers or 7th and 8th graders.
Returning rowers may have positive account balances as a result of last year’s fundraising events, volunteer hours and/or erg deposits. To apply your balance to the registration fee you will need to request a Coupon from the Treasurer (send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org). There is also a 10% discount per rower for families with more than one rower. You will need a Coupon if you need to apply the 10% discount.
Check out our calendar to view the races scheduled for the season! Register today for a busy and exciting season!
In addition to registration with Arlington Rowing Association, each rower needs to complete their US Rowing Waiver. Instructions are available here:
Are you interested in joining Arlington Crew? Do you have questions? If so, you can contact our President, Dave Dittmann. His cell phone number is 845-235-4892 and his home phone number is 845-473-6211.
Watch Arlington Crew rowers in action:
In an effort to increase the quantity of new 8th and 9th grade rowers (especially new boys), the Arlington Rowing Association implemented a Rower Recruitment Incentive Program.
The following are details of the program:
- Applies to registrations of new rowers for the Novice Programs and 8th Grade Learn to Row Program
- The new Rower needs to register online and indicate in the registraion the name of the existing rower that recruited him/her
- The existing rower that recruited the new rower receives a credit to their account at end of season (the new rower needs to complete the season)
- The incentive rates are 10% for new Boy and 8% for new Girl (i.e. Novice Boy = 10% of $500 = $50, 8th Grade Learn to Row Girl = 8% of $200 = $16, etc.)
- Please direct any questions to the Arlington Rowing Association President or Treasurer.
In an effort to improve communications with our membership, we have switched to a new mail service provider. To join our mailing list, click on the Mailing List menu item above. Thank you.