HUDSON VALLEY ROWING LEAGUE VARSITY CHAMPIONSHIP REGATTA
JUNE 3, 2017
At Hudson River Rowing Association Boathouse
Rowers and Coxswains arrival time: 0545hrs.
Races Begin: 0630hrs.
ROW FOR THE CURE
JUNE 4, 2017
Races start 0630Hrs.
Dear Rowers, on behalf of everyone involved in Arlington Rowing Association we wish you good luck, and remember when you feel like you can no longer row with your legs, start rowing with your HEART!
New York State Rowing Championships General Information 2017
When: Races are Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14
Friday, May 12: Luggage, Medication, Bus, Saratoga
- Athletes must bring their luggage/overnight bag to the high school Team Meeting Room, 0645 hrs – 0745hrs for inspection and storage. Athletes should pack their uni and banana, extra socks, and layers of clothing.
- If medication is needed please put it a zip lock bag, in the luggage with the completed Travel Medication Authorization Form. The medication needs to be in its original container. The “Travel Medication Authorization Form” is available under the “Forms” tab on, www.arlingtoncrew.org, or here, http://www.arlingtoncrew.org/forms-page/
- Rowers are encouraged to bring a healthy snack and drink for the bus ride. The buses will travel directly to Saratoga Lake to rig the boats.
Saturday, May 13:
- Athletes will depart the hotel early morning (TBA by coach) by bus for Saratoga Lake. Races begin at 0800hrs. Athletes will board the buses at the conclusion of all races at the discretion of the coach. Athletes will have dinner at a location decided by coach then report back to the hotel.
Sunday, April 30:
- Depart hotel early morning(TBA by coach) by bus for Saratoga Lake. Races begin at 0800hrs. Sunday races are finals as determined by Saturday results. Races continue through late afternoon.
***********ATHLETES MAY NOT LEAVE THE RACE SITE UNTIL THE LAST RACE IS COMPLETED, ALL BOATS AND EQUIPMENT HAVE BEEN LOADED, AND THE FOOD TENT HAS BEEN STORED AND AREA CLEAN. *****************
**********Parents wishing to take their child from the race site must print, complete and submit, the TRAVEL RELEASE FORM. This form is available on the FORMS tab of www.arlingtoncrew.org, or here, http://www.arlingtoncrew.org/forms-page/
*********If you wish to have your child travel home from a race with someone other than their parent/guardian, you must print, complete and submit the PARENT TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION FORM. This form is also available on the link above.
BOTH FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COACH by the end of the day on Sunday.
Directions to Saratoga Lake:
For GPS – enter 543 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY (this is the SRA Boathouse). Instead of turning into SRA driveway, continue over the cement bridge and take your next left.
Alternate directions –good for early morning when coming from South – take Exit 12 – and follow Route 67 East to Route 9 North. Route 9 North is at the 3rd rotary. Take a left onto Route 9 North to the intersection with Route 9P (Ripe Tomato Restaurant will be on your right – 2+ miles). Take a right onto Route 9P and follow it around the lake until you get to the Route 9P bridge and Lee’s Park and the parking lot will be on your right.
There is a $15.00 fee to park each day.
The Turf and Climate:
Usually muddy, rocky, dusty, and/or all of the above. Wear boots.
Saratoga Lake seems to exist in its own climate, it seems to be frequently cold, wet, and breezy, occasionally warm and comfortable. Be prepared for all types of weather conditions, dress in layers.
None…except if you walk to Stewarts near the entrance of the park. There are portable “toilets” throughout the park. Bring toilet paper and plenty of hand sanitizer.
Bring a chair for seating at the tent. The food tent will be in operation all day. Rowers food tent fee was included in hotel registration. Parents must pay an additional fee of $10 per day/ per person.
A very good vantage point is the bridge over the lake near the entrance of the park.
Clothing and merchandise vendors, and some limited food vendors are available.
Check your email for the hotel information
W.A.R.S. Regatta Saturday, April 22, 2017
The first regatta of the Spring season, will take place on Saturday, April 22. The W.A.R.S. regatta features races between area Varsity and Novice crew teams.
Rowers must arrive at the H.R.R.A. boathouse by 0600hrs. Races begin at 0700hrs.
Rowers must remain at the boathouse until they are dismissed by their coach.
There is a $5 parking fee for the day, or you may purchase a $20 season parking pass from the parking attendant.
The Arlington Rowing Association will provide breakfast items for rowers and parents.
The mandatory FEE PER EACH ROWER AND EACH PARENT for use of the food tent is $5.00. Please submit your $5.00 when you arrive at the food tent to the volunteer collecting the fees.
You may provide one main dish/entree, usually a half tray size, in lieu of payment for one person. Please enter your donation or volunteer hours on Sign-Up Genius. You should have received an email from Sign-Up Genius this week.
If you did not receive information for the food tent through the Sign-up Genius, please contact Kelly, email@example.com, or TEXT, 914-474-5801.
What to Bring/Wear
Folding, camp/spectator chair.
Warm clothing, for an early morning along the river. Dress in layers, 0600hrs temperature will be approximately 43 degrees.
Appropriate shoes, the area is often muddy
Your Arlington cow bells, you can scream all you want from the edge of the river, but the rowers can’t hear you.
Typically races begin north of the Marist campus and finish in front of the boathouse.
Congratulations everyone on a great job at the Head of the Housatonic! On to the next regatta! Here is the website for all the information!http://www.chargersrowing.org/2016/09/12/rowstrong-regatta-october-15-2016/
Important Race Information:
Coxswains are to report at 6:00 am, no later than 6:30
Rowers are to report at 7:00 am, no later than 7:30
All Race information can be found at http://www.saratogarowing.com/tail-of-the-fish/
Tips for Parents:
- Please be on the look out for the sign up genie for the Food Tent.
- Parents may find it helpful to use the “short cut” directions in order to avoid traffic. Here are the GPS directions: For GPS – enter 543 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY (this is the SRA Boathouse). Instead of turning into their driveway, continue over the cement bridge and take your next left. Short Cut: Alternate directions –good for early morning when coming from South – take Exit 12 – and follow Route 67 East to Route 9 North. Route 9 North is at the 3rd rotary. Take a left onto Route 9 North to the intersection with Route 9P (Ripe Tomato Restaurant will be on your right – 2+ miles). Take a right onto Route 9P and follow it around the lake until you get to the Route 9P bridge and Lee’s Park and the parking lot will be on your right.
- Dress in Layers!!! The weather could be chilly in the morning, but warm up quickly in the afternoon.
- Bring a garbage bag for wet clothes!!!!
- Get your muck boots out, if can be very muddy.
- There are vendors here where you can purchase some gear and memorabilia.
- Sit in a sports chair and enjoy the view!
Important Race Information:
Head of the Housatonic Parking
Because limited parking is available at Indian Well State Park, parking within the park is reserved for cars carrying boats, boat trailers, utility trailers, crew buses, crew vans and passenger vehicles with handicap parking tags. Competitor and spectator passenger cars will park offsite. Regular bus service is provided between the offsite parking location and Indian Well State Park. Allow a minimum of 30 mins for transit time during peak hours. Note that propane tanks are not allowed on the shuttle buses.
Roads nearby the park entrance will be marked and enforced as a tow-zone and Shelton police will turn away cars at the park entrance.
Drop-offs at the park entrance are not permitted for safety reasons.